PH cops win at Miss Elite 2026 in Egypt, Top Model of Universe in Turkiye
Inquirer.net
19 September 2026
The two Filipino contenders also scored early wins before they clinched their respective titles. Santos was proclaimed Best in Evening Gown, while Dekit topped the online popularity poll.
During the Miss Elite question round, Santos was asked why she should represent the brand to the world. She mentioned that she had waited two years to get to that stage.
“I want to share my story that I grew up in a public market to help my mom with our finances. That taught me the value of hard work and the importance of never giving up. And that’s why I am here, I will represent my beloved country, the Philippines,” she said.
“And if I were to win tonight I am ready. I am ready not only to wear the crown, but also to carry the responsibility with a heart, a purpose, and authenticity,” Santos capped her response.
It had been a long journey for Santos to get to represent the Philippines on the international stage since her first foray on the national stage via the 2024 Miss World Philippines pageant.
Krishnah Gravidez won the top prize, with three more ladies claiming other national titles, while Santos settled for the “Second Princess” placement.
Santos moved to the Miss Grand Philippines pageant in the same year, but Christine Juliane “CJ” Opiaza bagged the crown, and she receive the Universal Woman Philippines title instead.
But because she was too young to meet the minimum age requirement of the Universal Woman pageant, the organizers were compelled to take her crown and award it to 2024 Miss World Philippines First Princess Jasmine Omay.
Her dream of representing the Philippines in an international competition took the backseat anew, and she waited for the organizers to find another contest where she can raise the country’s flag.
In 2025, after giving up the Universal Woman Philippines title, Santos received news from ALV Pageant Circle that she has been appointed to compete at the Miss Elite pageant in Egypt. But the 2025 staging of the international competition was postponed, and she was made to wait longer.
And two years since stepping on her first national pageant, Santos found herself packing for Egypt to finally represent the Philippines on the international stage. And all her patience paid off.
No comments:
Post a Comment